10625 Crosby-Lynchburg Rd
Highlands, TX 77562
A. RACECEIVERS ARE MANDATORY AND ARE A DISQUALIFYING SAFETY INFRACTION WITHOUT THEM!!!!!!
B. THE ONE SPIN RULE IN YOUR HEAT WILL BE IN EFFECT. ANY SINGLE CAR CAUTION THAT IS DEEMED TO BE HIS/HER FAULT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE TRACK AND WILL BE SCORED IN THE LAST POSITION OF THE LAST COMPLETED LAP
C. ANY DRIVERS REGISTERING IN MORE THAN ONE CLASS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY A $30 FEE FOR EACH ADDITIONAL CAR HE/SHE DRIVES.
D. FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. FIRST OFFENSE: 4 MONTHS SUSPENSION SECOND OFFENSE: TO BE DETERMINED BY BATTLEGROUND SPEEDWAY PROMOTER.
E. ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING IN THE PITS UNTIL THE LAST CHECKERED FLAG OF THE EVENING DROPS! ANYONE CAUGHT DRINKING ALCOHOL IN THE PITS PRIOR TO THE LAST CHECKERED FLAG WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR 30 DAYS.
F. IF YOU STOP ON THE RACETRACK TO ARGUE WITH A BGS OFFICIAL OVER A CALL OR POSITION ON A RE-START, YOU WILL BE BLACK FLAGGED AND SENT TO THE PITS. IF THIS HAPPENS DURING A HEAT RACE, YOU WILL START AT THE BACK OF YOUR FEATURE EVENT. IF IT HAPPENS DURING THE FEATURE, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT WITH LOSS OF ALL MONEY AND POINTS AWARDED FOR THAT EVENING.
G. IF A CAUTION OCCURS ON THE WHITE FLAG LAP AFTER THE LEADER HAS TAKEN THE WHITE FLAG, THE RACE WILL BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE AND FINAL FINISHING POSITIONS WILL BE DETERMINED AS OF THE LAST COMPLETED LAP.
H. POINTS FOR THE 2013 SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP IN EACH CLASS (EXCEPT LATE MODELS - WHICH WILL FOLLOW THE POINTS SYSTEM OF THE NESMITH WEEKLY DIRT RACING SERIES) WILL BE DETERMINED BY ADDING ALL POINTS COLLECTED DURING THE SEASON WITH “NO DROPS”. IF A TIE OCCURS, WE WILL THEN LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF WINS, FOLLOWED BY THE NUMBER OF 2ND PLACE FINISHES AND SO ON IF NEEDED.
I. A REFUSAL OF A BGS TECH OFFICIAL’S REQUEST IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION AND LOSS OF ALL POINTS AND MONEY WON FOR THAT NIGHT.
J. BGS WILL DETERMINE NUMBER OF CARS/HEAT BASED UPON TOTAL CAR COUNT IN THE CLASS, NUMBER OF LAPS OF HEAT RACES AND WILL STRICTLY ENFORCE THE 30 MINUTE TIME RULE FOR ALL FEATURES. (Red flag conditions do not count toward the time limit, but cautions do.)
K. In the event of a rainout after all the heat races have been completed, the purse for your features will be paid based upon your starting position in that feature. If the rainout occurs before all heats are complete, we will start completely over at the next weekly scheduled event. Your pit passes will be honored that next regular weekly scheduled event or the next event your class is scheduled. Specials such as ASCS or SUPR will not count as your next weekly scheduled event. If the rainout occurs during your feature, the purse will be paid by finishing positions on the last completed lap prior to the rainout.
***If something is not listed in the rules, it is considered “ILLEGAL” until it is determined by BGS officials to be allowed and put into the rule packages.
Battleground Speedway will retain the option to change any rule and/or rules during the 2014 season that it determines to be a performance advantage to anyone.
Nesmith Crate Late Models
Battleground Speedway Crate Late Model rules will remain the
same for 2014 running under Nesmith Weekly Racing Series.
This includes the D55 tire rule.
Refer to http://www.nesmithracing.com for weekly Crate Late Model Rules.
BATTLEGROUND SPEEDWAY CLASS RULES
PURE STOCKS/FACTORY STOCKS:
The minimum age requirement for Pure –Factory Stocks is 14 years of age. All minors must have a notarized release form signed by a legal guardian/parent.
1. American made passenger cars or trucks as described. Metric frame cars are allowed. Nova’s, S-10 and Ford Ranger pick-ups are allowed. No front wheel or four wheel drive vehicles allowed. Metric framed station wagons are permitted with enclosed rear compartment. No other makes or models will be accepted. No camaro, Cadillac, town cars, mustang or corvette. No commercial vehicles, convertibles or sports cars. Altering original frame wheelbase is not allowed. Minimum wheel base is 108” per OEM specifications. Allowance to 107.5 for caster adjustment will be allowed at the technical inspection pad.
2. Fenders may be cut for tire clearance only. Space between fender and tire shall not exceed 7” anywhere around the tire.
3. Body sheet metal must be in place at the beginning of each race event and kept in a professional appearance throughout the season.
4. Doors must be welded or bolted shut.
5. All glass, fiberglass, plastic and trim must be completely removed from the car.
6. Full floor pans along with both full front and rear firewalls are mandatory. No cockpit type or interior decking is allowed as a replacement for floor pans.
7. Roof, Hood and Trunk must remain steel. Quarter panels, doors and front fenders may be constructed of Aluminum. Hoods and Trunks must be secured with hood pins at all times. No holes allowed in hood except for hood pin holes.
8. All openings in the car that could propose a safety hazard to the driver must be sealed shut at all times.
9. Stock OEM bumpers are required for the make and model of the car. Bumper loops are also required in front and rear to protect the radiator and fuel cell. The bumper loops will be constructed of tubing made from 1 ½ OD x .095 wall thickness with a maximum height of 6” tall and no wider than the frame. After market nose may be used but must be installed in a vertical position. If an aftermarket nose is used, a tubular bumper may be used and is allowed to extend to the full width of the nose, but must be mounted inside the nose. If an OEM bumper is used, the bumper cannot extend outside beyond the frame horns.
10. Roll bars must be constructed of 1.5” O.D. x 0.95” steel tubing minimum. Main roll bar and halo must be a minimum of 1” higher than the driver’s helmet. Minimum of three (3) door bars on the driver side and a minimum of two (2) door bars on the passenger side. FRONT LOOP IS ALLOWED TO PROTECT RADIATOR BUT MUST NOT EXTEND FORWARD OF THE FRONT OF THE HOOD. RADIATOR CORE SUPPORT MAY BE REMOVED. Maximum size for front loop is 1.5” O.D., .095” tubing. All roll cage welds must be complete and pass safety inspection by tech officials. Floor pan may be cut for cage and sub-frame connectors, but must be replaced by a minimum of 20 gauge steel. X-bracing under the driver (frame-to-frame) is allowed.
11. A single Rub Rail is allowed on each side of the car. Maximum size is 1.5"X 0.95". Must be attached to the main cage at the front and rear section of the Rub Rail. This means only (2) attachment points are allowed on the Rub Rail. No Rub Rails allowed on the rear outside quarter panel areas. Rub Rails may not extend into wheel well areas.
12. A lift loop (cable or chain) is mandatory and must be installed on the front so to enable the car to be picked up by the wrecker if required in the front. Rear bumpers must be capable of holding up car in the event of a rear tow by the wrecker.
13. Compression rule is 160 PSI cranking compression. Compression must not exceed 160 psi with all spark plugs removed and engine turned over 5 revolutions.
14. Straight or V-6 engines within 11 cubic inches of factory specs allowed. V-8 engine with maximum 361 cubic inches allowed. All engines must be installed and remain in stock location. Stock style motor mounts are mandatory. May use steel replacement OEM style motor mounts, but must bolt into ACTUAL stock location and stock location bolt holes. NO OFFSET ENGINE MOUNTS. Stock cast iron OEM blocks only. No machining in lifter valley (except for oil flow drain openings) or in lifter bores. Engine components must be stock, or stock appearing. No lightening of cranks allowed. No knife edge, no bull nosing, undercut or drilling of second or third rod journal throws allowed. Rods must be 5.7” only. 3:48” stroke only. Crankshaft weight is 49 lbs minimum. No high performance rotating assembly parts allowed. CAST OR FORGED PISTONS ALLOWED, BUT MUST BE STOCK APPEARING. Two or Four valve style pistons allowed. Aftermarket Engine bolts are legal in 2014.
15. Must have 1” sight plug in oil pan between second and third pan bolt on the driver’s side.
***Engine must hold 14” of vacuum at 1200 rpm’s.
16. Cylinder heads must be stock for year, make and model. (305 on 305, 350 on 350, etc.) No closed or partially closed chambered heads, maximum 1.94 intake valves and 1.50 exhaust valves. No Vortec heads. No aluminum heads. Heads may be flat milled for surfacing reasons only. No angle milling. Rocker studs may be pinned. Screw in studs will also be permitted. Casting numbers must remain in heads. No interior de-burring or grinding allowed. No Acid dipping or alterations allowed. Any stock single valve spring with dampeners are allowed. No Double, Triple or Beehive style springs allowed. No porting, polishing, port matching or coatings of any type allowed. No aluminum or titanium components allowed. Full roller rocker arms and/or roller tip rockers are not allowed. Poly-locks are allowed. Stud girdles & guide plates are not allowed.
17. Both Quadrajet and Holley #4412 may use a stock OEM 4 barrel Cast Iron or OEM low profile 4 bbl. Aluminum Intake. OPTION: A Holley # 4412 Carb in the Pure Stocks will be allowed to run a Victor JR. 2BBL. Intake. (Victor Jr. Part # 2901 only). No de-burring or grinding allowed. No porting or polishing of any kind. Blocking of heat risers and EGR holes allowed. Most brand, style or size air cleaner is allowed. No type of RAM air or forced air induction will be allowed. Any valve cover combination allowed.
18. Rochester Quadrajet:
No adapters or spacers allowed with the Quadrajet.
A single carb gasket only installed between the 4 bbl. Intake and carb.
19. Holley # 4412 on stock cast iron 4bbl. or stock, low profile aluminum 4bbl. intake.
A 2” spacer/adapter allowed.
Two gaskets allowed with spacer. (One gasket allowed between the carb and spacer; the other between the spacer and 4bbl. Intake manifold).
20. Holley #4412 with Victor Jr. Intake (Part # 2901)
No spacer or adapter allowed when using the Victor Jr. # 2901 intake.
One gasket allowed between the Victor Jr. intake and the # 4412 carb only.
Carbs: Must pass go/no-go gauges.
FUEL: Gas Only, no additives.
21. Any Hydraulic Flat Tappet Cam, Lifter, Push Rod & Legal Rocker Arm Combination is allowed as long as the total lift does not exceed .450. No Roller Cams, Lifters or Rockers allowed. (This measurement will be taken at the retainer). Lifters must be stock OEM hydraulic type. Lifters may not exceed Stock OEM size.
22. Exhaust manifolds must be stock cast iron only. No corvette style, (2.5 port exhaust) stock manifolds, marine type or center dump exhaust manifolds allowed. No porting, polishing, acid treatment or coatings. Exhaust pipes must extend past drivers compartment. Exhaust piping with a turndown is mandatory. Non-Metric cars will be allowed to run the 2" maximum diameter center dump style cast iron manifolds that were available on earlier model GM trucks for 2014.
23. Cast iron water pump is required. Pulleys may be aluminum after market. Fan must be steel and attached to water pump. Fan spacers may be used. An additional electric cooling fan may be used to assist cooling under yellow flag periods, but not replace stock fans, pulleys or belt components.
24. Must remain and be completely stock OEM replacement parts only. Stock HEI ignition is allowed. No MSD modules, no MSD systems or any aftermarket or GM ignition boxes allowed.
25. Must be stock OEM style fuel pump installed in stock location. Carter and Holley manual style are allowed. Stock OEM Push rod activated lever style only.
26. Fuel Tank must be securely mounted in trunk of car between frame rails. All cars must have a steel constructed fuel cell with a bladder. Maximum capacity of fuel cell is 22 gallons. All fuel cells must have a roll-over valve. No plastic boat tanks.
27. Brake system must remain stock OEM to make and model. No aftermarket components allowed on any spindles or hubs. One aftermarket master cylinder and pedal may be used but must remain in OEM location with no extension on the push rod or relocation of the pedal assembly. Car must have a minimum of 3 wheel brakes in working order at all times. No proportioning valves. Rear disc brakes are highly recommended for safety reasons.
28. All Automatic Transmissions must have a working 10“ minimum converter with no modifications. CAR MUST BE ABLE TO SIT IN GEAR WITH BRAKES BEING APPLIED AT 1,500 RPMS without killing motor. All forward gears must be in working order on all transmissions plus a neutral and working reverse. No over-drive transmissions. All standard transmissions must be OEM stock with all forward gears and reverse in working order, and minimum 10.5” clutch, pressure plate, and full size stock steel flywheel. Standard transmissions must have a ¼” steel plate covering the bell housing 180 degrees over the sides and top of clutch assembly or a blow proof bell-housing. No aluminum or light weight flywheels, no 5 or 6 speed standard transmissions, no overdrives. Transmission coolers okay, but must be installed away from driver’s sight.
29. All drive shafts must be steel and painted white. Drive shaft must have safety loop within 6” of the front U-joint. No chain loops allowed.
30. Must be stock OEM for make, and year of car. Any gear ratio is allowed as long as the housing doesn’t have to be altered. Rear end must be locked. Mini spools are ok. No limited slip or posi-traction devices.
31. Quick Steers are allowed. Aftermarket steering shaft and quick release steering wheel is recommended.
32. Suspension parts must remain stock for year, make and model. No modification to any suspension component. No adjustable or non-adjustable spring spacers. Racing shocks allowed but must have OEM style shock ends. No Heim joint mounting style shocks. Bushings may be replaced with stock style OEM type only. Racing springs allowed (steel only). Leaf springs may use lowering blocks. Leaf springs must be made of steel only. Non Metric cars will be allowed to use tubular upper a-arms providing they are mounted in the stock OEM location and are dimensionally the same as OEM. Pure Stocks will be allowed to run IMCA type upper control arms. Control Arms must be mounted in the Stock OEM location.
33. Hoosier stamped G60’s, American Racer KK/704’s or Factory Stock Legal Asphalt Pull Offs. Grooving, Grinding and/or Siping is allowed on any of the three legal tires listed above. Asphalt Pull Offs must be Factory Stock legal in size and any tire when checked must produce a Durometer reading of 51 or higher whenever checked.
34. Any 8” steel wheel permitted. NO light weight wheels permitted. 5/8 studs and 1” lug nuts are mandatory. No bead locks. Wheel spacers will be allowed. Mud Plugs or mud protectors are allowed on right sides only.
35. Weight: 3,300 lbs. with driver.
36. Racing seats with rib supports are required. Seats must be securely mounted to chassis, NOT FLOOR PAN, with a minimum of four (4), 3/8” bolts. 5 point safety harness are required, S.F.I. tag must be legible and no more than 5 years old. Straps must NOT be frayed in any way. Connectors must lock and unlock freely. Belts must be bolted to the roll cage and/or frame with a minimum bolt size of 1/2” bolts. A window net is required. Sprint car window nets allowed only when accompanied with arm restraints. All helmets must be full-face type. Helmets with current Snell 90 or newer stickers on it are mandatory. (Snell’s sa90 and sa00 are legal). All drivers are required to wear a driving suit. No nomex coveralls will be allowed. Neck brace is MANDATORY for all drivers. Driving gloves and driving shoes are recommended.
Roll Bar Padding must be installed on any bar that is within reach of the driver once they are buckled into the seat.
37. Numbers must be 24” high and 4” wide on both sides of car and 28” tall on the roof and positioned so it can be read from the passenger side. Cars must be painted and numbered neatly and to be seen easily by the scorekeepers. The number on the roof is the most important number. Reflective vinyl is not recommended for roof application due to the poor read ability. All numbers must be of different color than background. When positioning the number on the roof, it should be readable from the scoring tower.
38. Raceceivers are mandatory for all classes in 2014.
FACTORY STOCKS: (SPEC)
Item: Pure Stocks Factory Stocks:
Engine: 160 psi 175 psi
Camshaft: .450 max. lift at the retainer .450 max. lift at the retainer
Weight 3,300 lbs with driver 3,000 lbs with driver
Carburetor Quadrajet or # 4412 # 4412 only
**See Spacer Rule Above
Tires Stamped G60’s, KK704’s Asphalt Pull Offs
Factory Stock legal Pull Offs
Body Steel roof, hood and trunk Steel roof
Rest of car=steel or aluminum Rest of car steel or Aluminum
Roofs Steel only Steel Only
Shocks Racing shocks (No Heims) Racing shocks (No Heims)
Springs Steel Racing Springs Steel Racing Springs
Steering Quick Steer Allowed Quick Steer Allowed
Intake: Quadrajet Carb.=Cast iron or Stock low profile Aluminum (As described above) Pure Stock Only.
#4412 Carb. = Cast iron, Stock low profile aluminum or Victor Jr. Part # 2901 (Pure Stock Only)
**Victor Jr. not allowed in Factory Stock
Aero No spoilers, wings or aerodynamic items. (Both class cars)
Wheels 8” steel with 5/8” lugs 8” wheels with 5/8” lugs
This Summary list above is not all inclusive but to give the competitors an overview of some of the differences in each car.
Cars or Trucks must be a stock street type. American made passenger cars or trucks only. No 4 wheel drive or front wheel drive vehicles. Novas & Cameros along with Trucks of 1500 series or smaller allowed. Steel or Aluminum factory style OEM body is permitted. Roofs, trunks and hoods must be factory Steel. Doors must be welded or bolted shut. Doors may be gutted for cage installation. All glass, plastic, fiberglass and trim must be removed from race car. Upholstery and plastic portion of the dash must be completely removed. A-posts may be trimmed and cleaned up to allow for engine set back, but must be reinforced. Window post may not be removed. All bodies must be proportionate to the year and make of frame. OPTION: Performance Bodies “Classic Dirt Noses” as shown on page 35 of their catalog will be allowed but must be mounted vertical as original manufacture intended. NO SLOPED LATE MODEL STYLE FRONT BUMPERS OR NOSE.
Frame must remain square and to factory specs. Metric frame, (Monte Carlo, Thunderbird) cars are allowed. Nova’s allowed. Only metric framed station wagons are permitted with enclosed rear compartment, no other makes or models will be accepted. No Town Cars, Mustangs or Corvettes. No commercial vehicles, convertibles or sports cars. Minimum wheel base must be OEM specifications for stock factory production. Allowance of ½” for caster adjustment will be allowed at the technical inspection pad. Chevy, Ford and Dodge trucks are also allowed.
Firewalls must be complete, from fender to fender, top to bottom with all holes covered with 20ga steel minimum. Floor may be cut to allow firewall clearance for headers and distributor, but area must be closed with 20 gauge steel. Stock floor pan must extend from front firewall to rear fire wall. All rusted portions of the floorboard must be replaced with minimum 20 gauge steel. Driver compartment may be enclosed with 20ga steel with complete interior window level decking (may be aluminum). If compartment enclosed, and decking in place, rear firewall may be removed, floor pan must remain from front firewall to no less than 25 inches forward of rear axle centerline.
Driver must be on left side of drive shaft. Fender wells may be altered or removed. No part of driver’s seat shall be less than 30 inches forward of left rear axle centerline. Driver must be located in the original OEM seat location on the left side of the vehicle only. No back seat mounting of driver’s seat.
Minimum weight is 3200 pounds with driver after race.
Holley #4412 two barrel on all engines other than GM Crate # 602. GM Crate motors will be allowed to run any Holley 4 bbl. carburetor (maximum 650 cfm), all components (float bowls and main body) must be Holley manufactured. Metering blocks and base plate may be billet aluminum non-Holley. No aerosol-style carburetors allowed. May use Speedway Motors part # 545-64940 or Moroso part #64940 carburetor spacer on crate. Choke horn on #4412 must be attached. Circle track floats may be used. Number must be legible on air horn. No machine work on carburetor. Holley #4412 carburetors may be mounted on a stock 4 bbl.cast iron or Stock low profile Aluminum 4 bbl. intake with an adaptor, (max. 2”), or on a Victor Jr. (Part # 2901), 2bbl. manifold, (Adaptor not allowed on Victor Jr. intake). No other alterations are allowed. Only one carburetor allowed on engine. No other carburetors are allowed. No injectors or pressure systems allowed. Carburetor must pass a go-no-go gauge.
OPTION: EQ heads as produced and assembled from manufacturer, no modifications allowed, 7/16 studs and Vortec heads, (castings 10239906 or 12558062), as produced and assembled from manufacturer will be legal in Hobby Stocks in 2014. Absolutely no casting removal in valve pocket of EQ for any reason. No closed chamber heads except 305 heads on 305 engine only. No partially closed chamber heads. No 461 or 462 heads. Open chamber heads only. Race cars using GM engines must run 350 heads on 350 engines, and 305 heads on 305 engines. No aluminum heads. All GM heads are limited to 1.94” intake valves and 1.50” exhaust valves. Heads may be flat milled for surfacing reasons only, no angle milling allowed. Studs may be pinned or screwed in. Push rod guide plates are allowed. Any single valve spring with dampener is legal. No double, triple, or beehive style springs allowed. No porting, polishing, port matching or coatings of any type allowed. No aluminum or titanium components are allowed. Any work done in the bowl area must be done with a 360 degree cut, with the valve guide as the center point. Full roller rocker arms and/or roller tip rocker arms are not allowed. Poly-locks are allowed. Stud girdles are not allowed.
Number One spark plug may not extend further back than the center of the upper ball joint on any car. Cast iron OEM blocks only. After-market steel, stock type engine mounts are allowed. No machining in lifter valley (except for oil flow drain openings) or in lifter bores. Engine Rotating assemblies must be stock, or stock appearing. No lightweight cranks allowed. No knife edge, no bull nosing, undercut or drilling of second or third rod journal throws allowed. Rods must be 5.7” rods only. 3:48” stroke only. Minimum weight for crankshaft is 49 lbs. No Chevrolet bowtie, Ford SVO or Mopar performance blocks. Stock stroke must be maintained. After-market rod bolts may be used. Only Stock style pistons with two (2) or four (4) equal valve reliefs are allowed. Pistons may be cast or forged. Floating wrist pins are allowed. Flat top pistons or dish pistons only, no domed pistons. No total seal type rings are allowed. Maximum cubic inch displacement allowed is 361 c.i.d. Boring to a maximum of .060” over stock OEM bore is allowed. Fords: 289, 302, or 351 blocks only with flat top pistons. Any OEM Ford head is allowed. No after-market Ford or Boss heads allowed. Maximum valve size is 1.94” intake and 1.50” exhaust. Only 273, 318, 340 and 360 blocks can be used for Mopar. No big blocks. (OEM blocks only. No Hemi’s). Again: only, Ford, Chevy or Mopar engines are allowed. Mopar= Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge. 360 cubic inch maximum. Ford= Ford and Mercury. 360 cubic inch maximum. Chevy= Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile as long as they are Chevrolet engines. 361 cubic inch maximum. Stock style rockers arms only, no full rollers and/or roller tips allowed. No stud girdles. A stock oil pan or a claimer style pan is allowed. Oiling must be complete wet sump. No dry sump systems allowed. After-market harmonic balancer is allowed. Engine must have 1” sight plug in oil pan between the second and third pan bolt on the driver’s side. No obstruction of sight through inspection hole inside of pan.
Compression rule is 175 lbs. per cylinder with all spark plugs removed and the engine turned over 5 times.
Any Hydraulic Flat Tappet Cam, Lifter, Push Rod & Rocker Arm Combination is allowed as long as the total opening of the valve does not exceed .450. No Rollers (This includes Cam, Lifters or Rockers). (This .450 measurement will be done at the Retainer).
Cast iron or the following Aluminum intakes only. (Edelbrock Gm#2701, GM #12366573, Vortec 2116, Edelbrock 7116 or a Victor Jr. (Part #2901). No high rise intakes, No Brzezinski intakes. No porting, polishing, port matching, acid porting, acid treatments or coatings of any kind. Any brand, style or size air cleaner are allowed, but no type of RAM air or forced air induction will be allowed. Any valve cover combination allowed.
Cast iron water pump is required. Pulleys may be aluminum after-market. Fan must be steel and attached to water pump. Fan spacers may be used. An additional electric cooling fan may be used to assist cooling under yellow flag conditions, but all stock fan, pulley and belt components must remain installed.
Ignition must remain under stock OEM cap. Stock HEI ignition is allowed. No MSD systems or any after-market or GM ignition boxes allowed. No external coils. All cars must have ignition switch clearly labeled. The car must be equipped with a kill switch to be located within reach when standing outside the car and easily accessible to emergency personnel.
Only under chassis style headers allowed. No 180 degree headers. No cross over headers. No step headers. Stock cast iron exhaust manifolds allowed. All exhaust pipes must extend past driver seat or exit to outside of car.
Only one radiator may be used. Radiator must be in stock location. No cutting of hood for clearance. Aluminum radiator is allowed. Racing radiator cap is allowed.
Gasoline ONLY. Racing fuel allowed. NO additives allowed. NO alcohol. Fuel pump must be stock OEM style. Carter and Holley manual styles are allowed. Fuel cell must be securely mounted to frame in trunk of car between the rear frame rails. Fuel cell incased in a steel container is required if cell is dropped down between frame rails. A plastic fuel cell may be used only if complete floor pan is in place. Fuel cell is mandatory, maximum capacity of 22 gallons.
Any OEM automatic transmission is allowed. Unit must be stock and have a full working torque converter, minimum of 10”. Powerglides must have 10” torque converter. No direct drives, valve controlled pumps, or bleeder style valve bodies. All forward, neutral and reverse gears must be in working order for all automatics, except Powerglides. Powerglides are allowed either one or both forward gears, with neutral and reverse in working order. Car must be able to sit still in gear at 1,800 rpm’s with the brakes being applied and not kill engine.
Standard transmissions must be OEM stock, with all gears in working order and a minimum of 10.5” clutch, pressure plate and full size stock flywheel. No mini-clutches or direct drives. Standard transmissions may not use aluminum flywheel of any size. All standard transmissions must have bell housing made of ¼” thick steel and must cover 180 degrees over the sides and top of the clutch assembly (also referred to as a blow-proof bell housing).4-speed manual transmission will be allowed. No 5-speed or 6-speed manual transmissions or overdrive units. No Bert, Brinn or internal clutch style transmissions allowed. No ram couplers allowed. Quick-change transmissions or transmission adapters for gear change are not allowed.
Cars must be self-starting and have working neutral, reverse and ALL forward gears. (example: 3-speed trans. Must have 3 forward working gears.
Transmission fluid coolers are allowed, but may not be mounted exposed in drivers compartment.
Drive shaft must be steel and must be painted white or silver. Drive shaft must have a steel drive shaft loop (360 degrees) connected to the frame located within 6” of the front drive shaft u-joint. Minimum size of drive shaft loop is 2” X ¼” or minimum of 1” round tubing. No chain loops are allowed as drive shaft loops.
Rear-end must be stock for year, make and model. Any gear ratio allowed as long as no altering of housing is required to allow for installation. 8.5 rear-end may replace 7.5 Must use stock OEM, for frame being used, length upper and lower control arms. Axles must be locked together at all times with mini-spool or welded. No posi-trac, limited slip, Detroit locker of full spool allowed. Pinion angle may not be altered.
Racing brake pedal and single racing master cylinder are allowed. No aluminum brake components on car. A minimum of (3) functioning brakes at all times are required. If (4) brakes are installed, a cut-off valve may be used on one of the brakes. Cut-off valve may not be within reach of driver compartment. Adjustable proportioning valves are not allowed. If using (3) brakes, the 4th brake components need not be present other than the rotor, which you can remove outer portion. Rear disc brakes are allowed with steel components only and with only a single piston caliper.
Quick-steer of any type or style are allowed. Complete OEM stock steering system for year, make and model, from the steering box to the spindles, including steering gear box, must be used. Cast iron steering box only. After-market steering shaft and quick release steering wheel is allowed. Steering wheel spacer allowed to a maximum of 3” thick.
No modifying of the suspension is allowed. Exception: Upper control arm brackets may be moved for caster and camber adjustment. Cannot move lower A-Frames. OEM suspension parts only. OPTION: IMCA TUBULAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS WILL BE PERMITTED (steel only and must be IMCA stamped, non-adjustable). Non-Metric cars will be allowed to run steel, non-adjustable, OEM length tubular upper A-Arms. No cutting, welding or bending of frame to accommodate suspension changes. All other suspension parts must remain absolutely stock for that year, make and model of car. This includes spindles, rotors, lower control arms, ball joints, tie-rods, tie-rod sleeves, center-link, pitman arm, idler arm, steering box and trailing arms. No adjustable spring spacers. All upper/lower trailing arm and upper/lower control arm bushings must be present; however, they may be replaced with steel after-market bushings. No mono-ball bushings. Bolt on spindle savers are allowed. Upper control arm can be strengthened with a maximum of 3/8 inch cold roll or rebar along outer lip with the groove.
Racing springs may be used. Maximum coil spring length is 13”. Rear coil spring must not extend through the stock OEM upper spring bucket. Adjusta ble spring bucket allowed on rear only. Leaf springs may be after-market, (steel only) but no adjustable lowering blocks. Any steel non-jack bolt type leaf spring shackles are allowed, including multi-hole. No sliders. Springs must be mounted in OEM location top and bottom.
Racing Shocks are allowed but must be steel, OEM replacement shocks. Shocks must be mounted using the stock mounts in the factory installed locations. No heims on shocks allowed. No shock adapters.
Roll bars must be constructed of 1.5” X 0.95” steel tubing minimum.
Main roll bar and halo must be a minimum of 1” higher than the drivers helmet.
Minimum of (3) door bars on the driver side and a minimum of (2) on the passenger side. Front loop is allowed to protect radiator and front frame arms. Front core support may be removed and can not be extended past hood. Maximum size is 1.5” O.D., 0.95” tubing. All roll cage welds must be complete and pass safety inspection by tech officials.
Floor pan may be cut for cage and sub-frame connectors, but must be replaced by a minimum of 20 gauge steel. X-bracing under the driver (frame to frame) is allowed.
A single rub rail is allowed on each side of car. Maximum size is 1.5” X 0.95”. May be attached to main cage only at the front and rear section of the rub rail. This means only (2) attachment points are allowed. No open tubing allowed. Tubing must be capped or rounded with no sharp edges. No rub rails are allowed on the rear outside quarter panel area. Rub rails may NOT extend outside of tires.
A minimum of (3) vertical windshield bars are required. Must be a minimum of 3/8” diameter steel and mounted in front of the driver.
Hoosier IMCA stamped G60’s, American Racer KK 704’s or Factory Stock Legal Size Asphalt Pull Offs. (10” max. width for Pull Offs). Grooving, Grinding and/or Siping of all tires is allowed, but cannot be chemically treated. Any tire checked on the car must meet a minimum of 51 durometer reading whenever and wherever checked.
Any 8” wide steel wheel is allowed. Any offset from 2” through 5” is allowed. After-market 5/8” lug studs are mandatory. 1” diameter lug nuts are required. Wheel spacers are allowed. Wheel adaptors are not allowed. No screws allowed. A protective outer ring is allowed to be welded to the outer lip of the wheel with a maximum size 1/2” O.D., round or square is allowed. A flat bar of 1.25” may also be used. Bead lock placed on right rear only. Mud Protectors or mud plugs may be used on the right side tires only. (front and rear).
Any oil or transmission fluid coolers in the driver’s compartment must be configured to shield driver in case of leaks. The cooler lines must be encased in tubing, rubber or steel may be used.
Fenders may be cut for tire clearance only and fender must be within 7” of the tire. Front inside fender wells must be removed.
Stock OEM bumpers are required. Option: After-market plastic bumpers may replace stock OEM bumper but must not extend past fender in width. A maximum of 2” X 3” rectangular tubing or 1 ¾” round tubing should be used to support plastic Bumper loops are required to protect radiator, fuel tank and to be used by wrecker for tow hooks. Single horizontal, single hoop bar is the only bar to protrude through the nose. Maximum 1.5” X 0.95”round steel tubing, maximum 8” tall and not wider than the frame horns and mounted to the frame or bumper only. You will be asked to cut them off if wider than frame horns.
Factory Steel roof is mandatory.
Factory Steel Hood and Factory Steel Trunk lid is mandatory. Hood and Trunk may be hulled and must remain in place at all times. Hood and Trunk must be pinned. No holes allowed in hood: therefore, no working hood scoops. Any holes in hood must be covered by .20 guage steel. Quick release hood pins and rear deck pins are required. Hood must make a complete seal at dashboard and/or firewall. The engine compartment must not be visible from driver’s seat. Enclosure required at rear bumper to trunk lid. Fuel cell should not be visible.
Not to exceed 6” and must be attached to rear of trunk lid only. May not extend past the width of the car and may not have side-boards. Spoiler supports may not be taller than spoiler and may not be longer than 12”. Spoiler may be made of aluminum, steel, or lexan.
Only (1)- 12-volt battery allowed. Battery and battery box must be securely mounted to car and safely sealed. Battery must be completely encased in an enclosed battery box if mounted in driver compartment. A master shut-off switch is required and should be mounted in an area behind the driver and visible to the emergency personnel if needed.
Racing seats with rib supports are required. No fiberglass or bucket seats. Seats must be securely mounted to chassis (not floor pan) with a minimum of (4) 3/8” bolts, of which (2) must be mounted in the middle of the seat at the drivers back.
Racing type 5-point seatbelts are mandatory. All 5 belts must be fastened while driver is in car and on racing surface. Must be securely mounted with ½” bolts and tabs welded to the cage or frame. Belts must be less than 5 years old. If the SFI tag is not present or is not legible, the belts will be deemed illegal.
A window net with quick release is required. It may be mesh of ribbon type. Sprint car nets will be allowed but must be accompanied with Arm Restraints.
Numbers must be 24” high and 4” wide on both sides of the car, 24” tall on the roof and positioned so it can be read in the scoring tower. The number on the roof is the most important. Reflective vinyl is NOT allowed for roof application due to the poor read ability. All numbers should be of different color than background.
Helmets must be Snell 90 or newer and must have Snell sticker clearly visible inside the helmet. Snell ratings of M90, M95, M00, SA90, SA95, and SA00 are legal. If the Snell rating tag is not visible or legible, then the helmet is not approved for racing.
All drivers are required to wear driving suits that are made of fire retardant material that effectively covers the driver’s body, (multi-layer recommended). Neck brace is MANDATORY. Driving gloves and shoes are strongly recommended.
Protest must be made before a feature in writing by driver ONLY!!!!! See tech official.
Valve cover removal and inspection is $75; $50 to the driver and $25 to the track. Head removal and inspection is $150; $100 to the driver and $50 to the track. BGS reserves the right to change or modify a rule that is deemed to be a performance advantage. Any rule infraction will be addressed and final ruling made by BGS Tech personnel.
Battleground Speedway Class Rules
Limited Modified rules will again remain the same as IMCA Southern Sport Mod rules
with the following exception. 2014 Limited Modifieds will be allowed to run full roller rockers
with roller tips and 7/16 rocker studs at BGS. No roller cams, roller lifters or stud girdles allowed.
If additional changes are made by IMCA when their rules are published in December for 2014,
Battleground Speedway will adapt those changes.
1. Any domestic front wheel drive vehicle except Dodge Neon.
2. 3.1 liter engine maximum
3. Factory automatic transmission.
1. Any import front wheel drive vehicle with four (4)doors.
2. 2.5 liter engine maximum
a. No Twin Cams allowed
b. No V-Tecs allowed
3. Factory automatic transmission
General Rules-Applies to All
All registered ecostocks have signed below indicating they fully understand all rules and regulations, no exceptions.
For additional information and questions contact Brad Dixon 713-894-3748
Gulf Coast Mod Lites & Classic Dwarfs
Battleground Speedway will post the rules for both classes when they are presented to us.